Here’s a fun object lesson to demonstrate something with a lot of power! This can be a great large group intro to a discussion for talking about God’s power. (Note: You’ll probably want to do this one outside – it’s messy!!)
- A pack of Mentos candy
- A 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke (must be Diet)
Click here for a video demonstration and instructions.
Discussion starters for small groups:
- What did you think/feel when you saw that powerful explosion?
- What are some other examples of power you’ve seen?
- What’s the most powerful thing or person in the world?
- What does it mean that God is All-Powerful? Do you believe that?
- How did God show his power in stories in the Bible?
- How does God show his power today?
- How do you need God’s power right now?