Looking for ways to enhance your Kids Club outreach to the school? Here are a few tips and ideas to get started.
Step 1: Identify the school’s needs. Start by asking! The principal, teachers or PTO would be a great place to start.
Step 2: Pray for discernment. Ask for God’s direction in how to utilize your church’s people and resources for a meaningful impact.
Step 3: Make a plan! Once you’ve identified one or two possible ways to serve your school community, discuss with your team and/or church leadership what steps you need to take in order to transform your idea into a reality. Mark it on a calendar!
Ideas for Serving the School Community
Meet Physical Needs
- School supply or uniform donations
- Gifts or assistance for families in need (ask principal for recommendations)
- School facilities improvement (e.g. painting, landscaping, etc.)
- Gifts of appreciation for school staff
- A special meal or treat for school staff (e.g. donuts and coffee or bring in lunch during testing week)
Support Your Students at School
- Attend award assemblies
- Attend a sporting event
- Attend a special performance or play
- Bring a special treat to school on a child’s birthday during their lunch hour
Volunteer at School Events
- Back to School Night, Parent Open House
- Field Day
- Science Fairs
- Reading Nights
- Holiday Events
- School Fundraisers
These are only a few suggestions; there are many more possibilities! The important thing is that you approach the school with an attitude of service and humility, looking for ways to truly add value and strengthen your relationship with the school and families.